Wolf Creek and COVID-19 Updates
07-07-2020 (8:00 am)
Fall Family Survey:
06-01-2020 (8:00 am)
Summer School Update:
Exciting news! Wolf Creek will be following guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health and the Minnesota Department of Education and will open campus to staff and students for summer school!
We are committed to following all safety guidelines put out by the state, so campus will look a little different for the coming months. Here are changes you will see on campus to ensure the safety of our students, staff, and visitors:
- There will be markers and signs around campus to ensure a 6-foot distance at all times.
- We will spread staff and students out to limit the number of people in one space at a time.
- Campus will be sanitized regularly and we have sanitizer, soap, wipes, gloves, and masks available for those in need.
- We will ask that staff and students stay home if they are not feeling well.
- We will monitor student temps as they enter the building.
Some building spaces have been modified using plexiglass and barriers to ensure that all areas are compliant with all needed guidelines.
Students will engage in lessons and conversations around social distancing and other guidelines while ensuring that any mental health concerns are also addressed.
4-07-2020 (9:00 am)
3-25-2020 (12:00 pm)
03-23-2020 (1:00 pm)
Advisory Sessions Available to All Students
In order to support families, we will hold virtual advisories on Tuesday, March 24th and Thursday, March 26th. We encourage all students to attend a check-in at least once per week with their assigned Learning Manager. If the time noted does not work, please note that you can attend any other advisory as well to get continued communication from Wolf Creek. All check-ins will be scheduled for 30 minute time periods.
Sandy Flint & Shelli Matheson email@example.com Tues/Thurs at 10am (link)
Chris Wallin firstname.lastname@example.org Tues/Thurs at 10am (link)
Lindsay Coppernoll email@example.com Tues/Thurs at 11am (link)
Becki Olseen firstname.lastname@example.org Tues/Thurs at Noon (link)
Chloe Jackson email@example.com Tues/Thurs at Noon (link)
Hanna Coleman firstname.lastname@example.org Tues/Thurs at 11am (link)
As a result of the state-mandated school closure and to allow students and families to adapt, we are delaying our end of term 3. The end of term deadline will now be: Thursday, April 2nd at 2:00 pm.
Wolf Creek’s Licensed School Counselor, Lindsay Miller, and Mental Health Counselor, Tasha Barnes, held a presentation online last week Getting Through Turbulent Times. Below you will find a link to the slides presented, a recording of the presentation, and a letter to families with mental health resources available. Click here to view the slides that were presented at the meeting. Click here to view the entire recorded presentation. Click here to view the letter to families and resources.
Information from Wolf Creek’s Virtual All School Meeting
Director Tracy Quarnstrom led a virtual All School Meeting for students, families, and staff last week to share the current information we could provide regarding the school closure and what our plans are here at Wolf Creek. Click on the following links to review the important information discussed.Click here to view the slides that were presented at the All School Meeting. Click here to view the entire recorded presentation.
03-18-2020 (11:00 am)
Link to video of All School Meeting held on March 17, 2020, to inform students and families about Wolf Creek’s plans and procedures regarding COVID-19:
03-17-2020 (1:00 pm)
Thank you for your patience as staff come back from Spring Break and work on a plan of action regarding COVID-19. Information from the State regarding this event is changing daily and sometimes hourly, so we are working to answer all concerns and questions with information that we know. First and foremost, we want all Wolf Creek families to know that we are here to support you through this trying time.
Based on the information we have received from the Governor and Commissioner of Education, Wolf Creek is taking the following actions:
- Campus Closure: Wolf Creek campus will be closed until March 27th, 2020, but possibly longer. We will inform all families if and when we will reopen our campus location, implementing new cleaning procedures as outlined by the CDC. Please do not drop off student work at this time as the campus location may not be staffed during this closure. If after March 27th it is determined that campus must remain closed, Wolf Creek will share with families a plan for providing instruction 100% online.
- Instructional Days/Staff Availability: In following with the Governor and Commissioner’s direction, Wolf Creek staff will not be available to assist students with content starting Wednesday, March 18th until Friday, March 27th. This includes grading and providing feedback. Staff can assist with social supports and technology questions during this time. Students can continue to work on coursework during this time and Wolf Creek curriculum will remain available to students.
- End of Term 3/Start of Term 4: Term 3 was originally scheduled to end at 2 pm on Thursday, March 26th. Wolf Creek staff have met and determined that the end of term will be moved to 2 pm on Thursday, April 2nd in order to provide students an opportunity to receive help on classes (virtually or on-campus) past the March 27th closure, depending on CDC guidelines. All course work will be due at this time. Students are encouraged to plan completing courses by this date. Term 4 will begin on Tuesday, April 7th after Learning Managers have an opportunity to post grades and prepare term 4 courses.
- Online Advisory Meetings: Wolf Creek Learning Managers will be holding online Advisory meetings to help students with organization and skills to work from home. All students should plan to attend these virtual meetings at a time that works best for them – they should meet with their Learning Manager’s session, however, if scheduling conflicts exist, they may join another Learning Manager’s session. Please keep an eye on future emails with scheduling information regarding these sessions.
03-16-2020 (11:00 am)
Wolf Creek Online High School believes that the safety of our students, families, staff members, and guests is always our first priority. Due to the recent COVID-19 outbreak, we are following Minnesota requirements to close campus for some time.
We know that these are uncertain times in our society right now and wanted to first thank you for your continued dedication to your student’s education. We believe that Wolf Creek is posed to be in an excellent position to provide a continuity of services to students in a 100% virtual manner with only small changes to our delivery system. Wolf Creek prides itself on being a leader in online learning and many around the state will be looking to us for guidance over the next few weeks.
Governer Walz and Commissioner Ricker did announce yesterday that all MN schools would be closed from March 18th through March 27th for planning purposes. The closure time is to plan for a virtual learning option if needed in the future.
Monday, March 16th and Tuesday, March 17th are school days here at Wolf Creek. Classes are available to students online as usual although our campus building is closed. Since Wolf Creek is ready to continue with a virtual learning platform we are awaiting further direction from the Minnesota Department of Education to see if students can continue working on coursework from March 18th through March 27th.