- Student submits an application to Wolf Creek.
- Student is accepted or placed on the waiting list at this point.
- If on the waiting list (see notations below) student follows waiting list procedures until they are accepted.
- Once accepted student has 5 days to reply and accept position at Wolf Creek and return paperwork. If student does not return paperwork in allotted amount of time the student loses their position at Wolf Creek.
- Once paperwork is received and IGP meeting is initiated by LM student has 5 days to participate in the IGP or loses position at Wolf Creek.
Waiting List Procedures
- Wolf Creek will maintain 2 separate waiting lists; one list for supplementary students and one list for full time students.
- The supplementary list will fulfill 15% of the positions available at Wolf Creek at any given time. The full time list will fulfill 85% of the positions available at Wolf Creek at any given time.
- Priority on both lists will be given to siblings of students already enrolled at Wolf Creek. Once the sibling preference is exhausted the other non-sibling applicants will be accepted throughout the year. Preference will not be granted for siblings of former Wolf Creek students.
- In addition preference will be given to supplemental students wishing to move to full time status after the period of one term. This preference will be below siblings but ahead of other students not already enrolled at Wolf Creek.
- It will be the responsibility of both the Director and Dean of Students to maintain the waiting lists and inform parents of their status on the list periodically.
- Based on the fact that another school within 5 miles offers grade levels similar to Wolf Creek we will not be granting geographical preference for students.
- Any student on the TRIO Wolf Creek Distance Learning Charter School waiting list will be notified when a position has opened for them to enroll both by phone and mail. They will have “7” calendar days in which to respond that they would like to enroll at Wolf Creek or decline the position. If the student/parent does not respond within “7” calendar days their name will be removed from the waiting list at that time and another student may take their enrollment place.